Dresses from Shabby Apple

Easiest Wreath Ever

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When we moved into our new place, I was jealous. Yep. Jealous of some of my neighbors who have the cutest porches. I soon realized that down in the south everyone has these cute chairs on their porch. I am wondering if it actually cools down enough for one to use them outside?! I kept pulling up to our place and knew that things were missing. Like a wreath and some sort of cutesy type stuff.

I bought this wreath for 50% off at Hobby Lobby for $2.50. It is a BIG one...like 24 inches I think. I love big bold wreaths. So I was so pleased when I found this one. Then I wanted to spruce it up a bit but not add too much, at least not for now. I bought some of their Christmas sprigs of berries that were .99 each. I placed them sporadically around my wreath just to add in some pops of color. I also wanted another bold statement so I found a letter (again at Hobby Lobby for $2) and painted it black. I used some polka dot black ribbon I already had and tied it onto my wreath holder. I am loving it's statement already! Plus, it was $8.50 for the whole wreath. Can't beat that!

Also, I am planning to switch out the sprigs of color. I already bought some great ones for Fall that I can't wait to use. Oh, and I am thinking about either covering up that A or else ripping it off entirely. I don't know. I guess time will tell.I also added the black vinyl "Welcome" that I created in Make the Cut with the Ballpark font. I swear this entirely transformed my door. It went from plain white to having this welcome on it and it did wonders for the whole "look."

Don't worry I didn't stop there with our porch. I have a few other things I have done but that will have to be shared another day. I am off to finish up about 3 more projects tonight. I just broke out my sewing machine for the first time since we moved here and I am just giddy to use it again. All new pillow covers for the pillows on our couches are going to fabulous. Don't get me wrong, I love our pillows how they are now but they aren't matching my whole ensemble so I need some covers to tie it all together. Can't wait to reveal it all. Slowly but surely so stay tuned. Oh and don't forget to go enter the giveaway for the Target gift card here.

10 comments:

Mama.Mommy.Mom. August 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

No, it never cools down enough to actually enjoy the porch - unless you like to sit outside in the dark! Cute wreath :)

Mrs. K August 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

you have the cutest stuff :) thank you for inspiring me!

Unknown August 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I like the monogram touch with your wreath! Very nice.

Laura August 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

So cute. Perfect for fall!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Great wreath! I need a new one for fall. My last wreath had too much pink in it to hang on my new red door.

Tasha September 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Love love love. A door wreath is something I need to work on. Just beautiful.

Life in Rehab September 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

It's illegal south of West Virginia to not have a wreath on your door, so you may have gotten this done just in time! Seriously, that turned out terrific, and there's nothing like a combination of inexpensive and original to make it a winner.

Toyin O. September 2, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Nice!



http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Page September 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did - there's some super cute stuff here! I'll be your newest follower :)

Niki Jolene October 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

I love it, love it, love it! I wouldn't be surprised if one showed up at our house soon with a "D" in the middle.

I am lovin' your blog. Come by and visit over at Free 2 Be Frugal sometime.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails