Dresses from Shabby Apple

Dull Dining

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

After we moved into our new place, I felt like our dining room seemed a bit dull. I am not one to have things scatter every part of every wall but I definitely think there needs to be a good balance or else it just seems too plain. I hung this plate rack and put these lovely (clearance) plates on it. But it still seemed to be missing something. I decided a little vinyl would do the trick. I whipped out my Cricut and whipped up this saying. I love the space now! It was just what it needed to give it some added umph!Too cheesy? Not for me. It reminds me every time we eat that it is the memories that we should be focusing on and maybe less on the messes!

3 comments:

Kim's Treasures September 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Not too cheesy! I like that saying and the fonts that you used!

Tasha September 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

I was noticing this part of your wall in the picture on your family blog with your son and doing preschool stuff. I just love it!

Diane September 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

Love the plates and rack and the sentiment is perfect. I just made a dry erase board for my kitchen and used that same wording. Not cheesy at all in my opinion Ü

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails