Dresses from Shabby Apple

Mantle Decor Part 1

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When I decorated my mantle, I was having a hard time starting from square one. It is sometimes a little daunting to start with a clean white slate. Almost like there are too many options it is so hard to choose.

I found some fun black and white fabric that I wanted to add in to spice up my room. I decided I wanted to use it somehow on my mantle but wasn't sure exactly how/where. I was at the dollar store and saw a white foam board there and figured that would be exactly what I needed.I cut my fabric a few inches bigger all around the board. Then I just took a staple gun and started pulling it tight and stapling it. SO easy! I love the extra bit of flair it added and it only cost me about $2. Decorating on the cheap is where it's at!!

5 comments:

Sarah September 22, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

That looks super-cute! I love the colours you chose!!

Sarah
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/

Page September 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

That's a great idea! I'm a huge fan of using fabric as art :)

The Autocrat: Haley September 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Lovin' some black and white! And I really love that big M!

Chrissie September 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

I love black white and red together! Apple green coordinates really well with those colors too~ Your mantle looks great. It is sometimes hard to start with a blank slate!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails