Dresses from Shabby Apple

Capital L-O-V-E

Monday, January 18, 2010

Love is in the air right now or at least it should be with Valentine's coming up and all. I had a few fun ideas to make our place seem a little more lovey dovey this year. I got some chipboard letters at Hobby Lobby (or Hobs Lobs as I like to call them). I got mine to spell love (obviously) but I was thinking you could do xoxo, kiss, smooch, Vday, hugs, etc.I painted the backs and sides of all of the letters. I don't think I really needed to do the backs but I did anyway. If you do, just be sure that it really is the backside of the letter, there are some that aren't really reversible if you mess up.Then snatched up some scrapbook paper and some of this trusty old friend, Mod Podge. I mod podged all of the letters onto the scrapbook paper and let them dry.
Then used some sandpaper to sand off the paper. You could also just cut the paper to fit the chipboard letters but I like the sanded look.
Once those were all done, I drilled some holes into them to attach them. You could also just leave them to sit on a desk, table or shelf, but in my small space, I don't really have those luxuries right now.
Then I just used some coordinating ribbons to tie the letters together.
It is so happy and cheerful looking. I smile whenever I see it. The great thing is that if you don't use "traditional" Valentine's Day colors then you could really use this year round.

22 comments:

Laura Dunaway January 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

Man Stace, so cute! You always amaze me with your talents and fun ideas. Pass some of that over to me please. :)

Expressions by Heather January 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Stinking adorable!!

Please feel free to link up to my Talented Tuesdays At My Frugal Family link party!!

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday-links-january-19th.html

Maggie January 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Love the colors you chose!!

Mags

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row January 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

I really love how you connected them - it makes it even cuter!

CC January 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

This is an adorable project, and the ties make it more so.

Unknown January 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

So so cute!! I love all your ideas, I keep waiting for all these new cute ideas!!! great job!!

Andrea January 19, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

I especially love the way you tied them all together...very cute touch!

Anonymous,  January 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

I LOVE this idea! I will definitely be making it for my daughter's room! Actually, I loved it so much I featured it on my blog, with a link (or two) back at www.ascrapoftime.wordpress.com.

mommy2luke2008 January 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

I love this!!!!! Such a cool idea and I would keep this up all year round!!! I posted about this on my blog...hope you don't mind.
http://lilbitofus.blogspot.com/2010/01/theres-love-in-air.html

stephanie h January 21, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

OMGOSH! Soo cute! I definitely want to try this! :)

Unknown January 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

These are darling. Really.

Lianna Knight January 23, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

This is ADORABLE!!!!

You can see my DIY here...

http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2010/01/liannas-labels-debut-and-giveaway.html

Renae January 23, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

I loved this and just finished making mine. Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Julie Bagamary January 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

I like this idea and may try it with some fabric on the letters.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails