Dresses from Shabby Apple

Kid's Sites

Monday, October 25, 2010

Anyone else's kiddos love the computer? My son wants to be on the computer all the time lately. I have been taking a break from it lately. I rarely look at blogs. I have been bad about blogging on here or on my personal blog. I don't really get into facebook much lately. I don't know what my deal is but it just is not that intriguing to me right now. So it is nice to have a break from the computer and let my little man have some fun instead!

Of course there are the regular sites like PBS Kids, Disney or Fisher Price. But I also love Star Fall. Such a fun one to help with sounding out words and learning to read. My little man is obsessed with this one lately. Plus there is a fun pumpkin making face one that is too cute! Just in case any of you are looking for some computer fun for little ones that actually teach them stuff too. Check it out!!

There is also a fun freeware program called Baby Smash that my 15 month old likes to use when she "smashes" on the keyboard. It tells them the letters/numbers of what they are hitting and also has shapes and does a song if they use the mouse. It is cute to keep them entertained and included for 10-15 minutes.

Oh, and no. I am not getting paid to tell you about any of these. I just love them that much. I wanted you to love them too!! Keeping kiddos entertained all day long can be a real feat so any help I can get is much appreciated. I figured those of you with kids might feel the same way!!

Do you have any other great sites I don't know about for kids? I love to hear about new ones. So do share. Really. Because the songs/sounds of sites do start to get a tad annoying after you hear them on and off throughout the day!!

3 comments:

Daisy Day October 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

We really enjoy a cute site called KneeBouncers.com. It's got some cute things for the younger toddlers who want to do computer like their older siblings. Its very colorful and fun.

Cassie October 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I forgot about Star Fall!!
It's amazing what I forget between kids!
=)

seven thirty three October 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

I'm a fan of the kid-friendly browser, KidZui. That is the only way we allow our now 10 year old on the Internet. They can only enter sites that have been approved by the all-parent board (unless you specifically grant your child access to certain sites). It also has some fun games, etc. PLUS parents can see exactly where their child is going and what they are doing via the weekly email report! It is really a great and useful tool for younger children. Best of all? It is free! Oh and it locks them out of the rest of your computer - no hitting something they didn't mean to!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails