Dresses from Shabby Apple

Halloween Costumes

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Does everyone have their Halloween costumes figured out? Or are you not dressing up? Just costumes for your kiddos? What are your kiddos going to be this year? I always start thinking about costumes in August for my kids. I know, a bit early but I like to be prepared. Plus, if I am making most of it rather than buying it, I have to have time to do it. But there are some really cute options out there for kiddos. There are firemen or policemen, dentists or doctors, and even superheroes! My little guy was a superhero a couple years ago. I loved it!

Or you could do some of the more traditional costumes like witches or monsters. There are tons of cute unique costume ideas out there. I made a HUGE list of options last year just because I like to have variety of ideas to choose from. I have a couple ideas up my sleeve for my kiddos this year. Have you decided?? Have any great ideas you want to share? I am always looking for more ideas!

4 comments:

Amanda Joy Petersen September 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

My mom and step dad moved to a little farm early this year. My almost 3 year old son and 18 month old daughter love to help with the animals. After Asher helped papa drive the tractor one day, I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween. He told me, "I'm a cowboy!" So he will be a cowboy, and Abbie will be an indian. I will amke the costumes this year. We usually dress up with the kids, but I won't have time this year because we will be at Disneyland for Asher's birthday in TWO weeks! I can't wait:)

Shannon September 29, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

The verdict is still out for us. I thought my daughter would be a flower (costume we had) but then she got attached to a too-big ugly "princess" dress my mom has. I'm hoping to show her some of the cute ones in Family Fun mag and change her mind.
BTW- love your blog and I added you to my list!

Jenn September 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

I bought all of ours this year - I am a terrible at sewing. Like really, really terrible!! Anyways, my 6yr old is being Tinkerbell, 4 year old boy is a transformer, 3 yr old girl is Minnie Mouse and 2yr old boy is gonna be a plush cow!

Stacey September 29, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

I was going to make my girls costumes, but I found the cutest costume at Old Navy. It's supposed to be like one of those "best friend" necklaces that you give one piece to your bff, you know with the jagged edges? It's pink and one side says best and the other side says friends. It's adorable! They'll be 2 and 10 months by the time Halloween is here, and they definitely are bffs, so it's perfect!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails