Dresses from Shabby Apple

My new toy...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The other day on a whim, I decided to start looking for a ruffler foot for my sewing machine. My machine is a powerhouse. It was my mom's in high school. A Bernina Record 830. I have since met a friend who happened to have the exact same machine. What are the chances of that??! She told me it was the most popular machine ever sold. I can believe it because it is made of metal and is SO darn heavy but that also means it is very sturdy. I love it!
I didn't think they would have a ruffler to fit my machine but I was wrong!! I was so excited! It wasn't that expensive either. Totally worth it to me. I finally started playing around with it yesterday. And I cannot tell you how fun it is! It also makes ruffling and pleating SO fast. I cannot wait to share some projects with it....besides all of those others I have waiting but have just been too much of a procrastinator to share.

But if you have been debating about getting a ruffler foot, I would highly recommend it. I bought mine off ebay brand new from a sewing place out in KS. (Gotta go back to my roots somehow I guess!!) So easy to use and well worth it!! Any other gotta have "feet" you suggest for a sewing machine?

5 comments:

Mandy Beyeler September 22, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

a while ago I discovered that my serger came with a gathering foot (see here: http://craftedition.blogspot.com/2010/03/gathering-foot-wow.html) - - it's great!!

Cassie September 22, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Oh!
I had no idea that I needed one of these!!!!
How fantastic!
Where are you in Kansas??
I am just across the state line in Missouri!!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard September 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

OOh, fancy! I am in search of a walking foot, but the Bernina retailer is asking $175 for an old model foot! No way. I shall start looking on e-bay :)

Diane September 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

OMGosh, I want one, too. I can't wait to see what you make with your new toy Ü

I was just looking at an outfit my little granddaughter had on and it was soooo cute and I thought I could make that if I had something to make the ruffles. This is just what I need. Thanks for the inspiration :o)

Jessica September 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

I can't live without my ruffler foot. Somehow I have acquired 2 now. People keep saying "you know how to sew right? here are some sewing things I have and dont use anymore" Those are the greatest! So glad you love our foot mine looks identical to yours. Have you tried ruffling and stitching too at the same time? Like ruffle the top layer and stitch to the bottom layer at the same time? It is AWESOME!

Love and Hugs, Jess
theplannertheprocrastinator.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails