Dresses from Shabby Apple

Potty Talk

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This might be a bit TMI and it is SO not about crafting...but I always love to hear what works for other people.

image: Tribe of Dad

So my 18 month old girl decided yesterday to pee on the potty. No worries...this is not my doing. This is all her. She begged for me to help her on there. She wants to be a big girl SO bad. Her brother who is 3 1/2 was potty trained when he was 2. They both have worn cloth diapers though which I have heard helps kids feel the wetness and pick up the potty training faster.

I am not sure I am ready for this yet, but I definitely wouldn't mind having her start potty training sometime in the next 6 months. So I know what worked with my little guy, but it seems like everyone has their own tricks. I would love if you would share what worked for you??

What did you do when you were potty training your little ones? That way, when I am ready to start, I will be armed with some more methods to try out.

Thanks in advance!

-Sick of Diapers



PS If any new bloggers want me to highlight some of your cool projects, I would love to do a post about you! Email me a description about you, your project and your blog. Oh and a picture or two. Those always make things more exciting!

3 comments:

Beth- the mama bee February 10, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

My daughter self trained at 18 months too and was cloth diapered. My mom said I did the same. I thing CD help speed things along!

Jaime S. February 10, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

My 2nd also a girl self trained as well at the same age, but we don't use CD. I think having an example around their same age helps out a ton. And after training 4 kids (all of them 2 or less) This is what works for me everytime. Consistency, once I decided to start training them we're in it until they're trained (the longest it's taken is a week the shortest 1 day) Never get mad at them for having an accident & tons of praise when they go on the potty and never use pull-ups (except at bedtime if they still need it). I usually start them out in a t-shirt and undies and provide lots of liquid and go from there. But that's what works for me and everyone is different. I love potty training, but most of my friends think I'm nuts. Yikes! that was really long, sorry

Elder Esplin April 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

NO FAIR! My little girl who just turned 2 won't even LOOK at the potty. She is the youngest of 4 and could car less about everyone using the potty! Oh man, what I would give for a self trained pottier:) Good luck. I may be checking beack for any tips YOU might have for me. Have a happy day!

Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails