Dresses from Shabby Apple

Decor for your mouse

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Take a nasty old mouse pad (I have spared you all from seeing a picture of mine, but just to give you an idea, it was like 10 years old!) and find some fabric in your scrap bin (or go buy some new fun fabric). The fabric just needs to be about an inch longer and wider than your mouse pad on all sides. Cut the fabric down if you need to. Then apply mod podge or spray adhesive to your mouse pad. Carefully line up and apply fabric to the mouse pad. Now to make good corners, you may want to round off your corners with scissors. Then just carefully work it into a rounded corner by using more mod podge or spray adhesive and by folding it over itself and around the edge. Let dry and enjoy surfing the net with a funky "new" mouse pad.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linked up at:

The Girl Creative
DIY Day @ ASPTL

 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

8 comments:

Pat Harris December 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

You should see my mouse pad! Not pretty. Thank you for linking your idea. I am going to try it this afternoon. I love it! I have some dog material left over from one of my previous crafts. It will look great. Merry Christmas!

Leanne December 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Thanks for visiting. Wow, you have some great and easy crafts ideas. I made some embellished frames for gifts this year and I made some earring holders for birthday gifts for my daughters and sisters. We must think a like. I'll have to try some of your projects after Christmas.

Ally's Corner December 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Now that is a great idea. My mouse pad is bad!!!

hjn December 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

KimMalk December 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

That's a good idea-they do get nasty.

Jen December 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

I was just thinking about doing this to my mouse pad. The difference is that you actually did it and it looks great.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails