Dresses from Shabby Apple

Yummy Fast Peanut Brittle

Monday, December 7, 2009

Today, I am joining in the fun over here:

The Girl Creative
Absolutey LoVe her blog!!

One of my favorite Christmas recipes I have been making since I was a kid. It's that easy! Plus it tastes really good too!

Microwave Peanut Brittle
1/2 cup raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup karo syrup
1/2 tsp salt

Cook 7-8 minutes on high in the microwave. Stir once or twice.

Add 1 Tbl margarine. Cook 1 1/2 min. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp baking soda. Stir lightly. Pour onto greased cookie sheet. Let harden and then you can break it up into smaller pieces.

*Note if you are going to make more than one batch, either make it in a different bowl or cook for less time. Otherwise the heat of the bowl from the first batch will cause your 2nd batch to burn.

Enjoy!!
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

4 comments:

Unknown December 7, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Thanks so much for linking up, Stacey! That recipe looks nice and easy. Oh and delicious!! :)

Mandy December 7, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

I love peanut brittle! TFS!

Sandra December 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

My oldest son loves this recipe for peanut brittle and requests a tin just for himself every Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda December 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

I am bookmarking this recipe! I love peanut brittle. Who knew you could make it in the microwave! Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails