Dresses from Shabby Apple

From Thrifty to Nifty

Friday, December 4, 2009

So I was lucky enough to find these two beauties at the Goodwill. 1.99 each, now that is what I call a steal. I debated about what to transform them into but then I remembered my cute and crafty friend Joni. She has the cutest earring holder in her bathroom. So I decided to finally make something similar so that I would have a place to put all of my earrings.

Just spray painted the frame black with Krylon Glossy Black. Then it is just regular screen (like the kind you use in your windows) stapled onto the back of the frame. I also wanted a place to hold little girl's bows. What could be better than a cute bow holder? Again, I just spray painted the frame and stapled ribbons to the back. Super easy and way cute!
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Linking up at:

Making



10 comments:

Laura Dunaway December 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

K, LOVE this! I want to do that for me. :) I will be checking this blog out often. Can't wait to see what ideas and projects you will be posting. Thanks!

Jane December 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Very cute idea. I've seen ones used for earrings before but never for hair bows...that's a great idea and keeps everything so organized.
Jane

Megan December 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

Hey Stacey, where do you buy the screen material? I don't normally venture into home improvement stores, so maybe you can get it there? About how much is it?

Karolyn December 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Such a good idea Stacey! They look great!

Tiffany December 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Stacey-
That is way easy! And ADORABLE! Fantastic ideas! Thanks for sharing them at Making the World Cuter Mondays! Super cute!
-Tiff

Maureen December 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Perfect! I've used old windows with chicken wire for jewelry displays.

Julie December 8, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Great idea to use the chicken wire! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Katie December 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Great upcycle, love the bow holder.

Its So Very Cheri December 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

VERY CUTE-I made one for my daughter for hair ribbons but gave it to my niece when we moved and I have another idea for her hair bows now that she has more than a frame would hold.
Just an fyi most people are not getting the correct info in their reader-my updates are over 2 weeks old and I have made multiple other posts. I've been on with Google multiple times and they don't have an answer and I am not getting everyones updates in my reader either.

Cheri

Jilly August 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM  

Easy to took jewelery from this type of stand. Planned to make one for my sister. She have bunch of jewelries and hard to find pair.
flash bellek

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails