Dresses from Shabby Apple

GoInG NuTs!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

This week has been crazy busy. Not only did I have jury duty (which I got out of pretty quickly), the hubby had his last finals of the semester too. Life has been a madhouse but hopefully it will begin to slow down with the holidays. Hmmm, who am I kidding right??

Well we spent a good 4 hours last night making treats. Let me just tell you a small apartment sized kitchen is not conducive to making lots of treats at once with more than one person in the way. But we had fun and other than the vanilla they forgot to bag at the store, things were going very smoothly considering.

I thought I would share this yummy recipe for those scrumptious spiced mixed nuts that you can buy at sporting events or other random places like that. Well, you can make them for a lot less. They are also a great neighbor gift if you are still looking for something to give. This is really to hold you over until I can get a few of my other craft posts up here. Yep, that is right. I am bribing you with food.

Spicy Mixed Nuts
1 egg white
2 Tbl cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup walnut halves
2/3 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup whole almonds

Beat egg white and water until frothy. Stir nuts into mixture to coat, then drain slightly in a colander/strainer for about 3-4 minutes. Mix sugar and spices in a plastic bag. (Smells SO heavenly!!) Add nuts and shake in the bag to coat. Spread the wet nut mixture onto a microwave safe plate; microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until its bubbly. (Watch out! It can bubble right off your plate!!) Stir. Microwave another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir separate. When cooled, store in a sealed container. Makes 2 cups.

You can always just do 2 cups of one type of nut. I also tried cashews halves which was pretty darn good. I did spanish peanuts and they were just so so to me. So pretty easy and yummy too. I wonder if we are seeing a trend of all of my microwave usage??! I swear I do cook things outside of that "oven." Enjoy!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linking up at:
giveaways

2 comments:

Sarah December 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

I can attest--it's a very good recipe!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails