Dresses from Shabby Apple

Bring on the Light!!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am seriously a freak about having my house be light. I love to open up all the drapes first thing in the morning and I will often turn on more lights than probably are needed. I just like to have light and be able to see things. I hate being in the dark. Makes me not feel as light and sunny too. Please tell me I am not the only one??!!

So you can imagine my disdain for our old place that was built back in the day and had absolutely NO light fixture in our front room. It was a dark and dreary place at night. We had one tall lamp when we first moved there but at night, and especially during the winter, that room was a depressing pit! So you can imagine why a light bulb finally went on in my head and said, you need to get a table lamp in here! It helped lighten things up and I enjoyed using that room SO much more.

I know I should stop dreaming around on the web right now but my kiddos are napping and on a bike ride so I had a free minute! I think we are going to need some new lamps for our new place. We will finally have enough room again in our bedroom to have our king bed with our nightstands on either side of it. The last room not so much. We were a bit cramped if you haven't picked that up yet. haha I started browsing lamps. The hubs will be thrilled.

I love this lamp:This one is absolutely gorgeous too:I really want to get some new bedding too but can you tell my list of wants is getting longer and longer?? I am still on a student budget. Ugghh. Maybe one day my house will be as cute as I want it to be. I wonder if everyone always feel like that? Do you?

I keep wondering if it will ever be as 'perfect' as I envision it! Nah, your house is probably cute and would totally make me jealous if I saw it!! I always love when some of you take pics of your crafts and it gives a little peak into your house in the background of your picture. Darling paint colors, cute home decor. I am always green with envy. It is okay though, I love to live vicariously. Oh, I am helping my mom redo her laundry room. So stay tuned for pictures. Can't wait to share!

8 comments:

Knit Purl Gurl July 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

The house we just bought is on a wooded lot and it's driving me crazy just how dark my house seems! I'm a light freak too! ESPECIALLY natural lighting - but I'm not afraid to place lamps!

Tasha July 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

I seriously love light too. My last house had TONS of natural light. I was in heaven. This one does not have as much. But, I do my best. I am hoping to add in some great lamps too. I have decided a house is never done. There are always projects and things to work towards and on. It sure is fun daydreaming along the way too!

Kelly July 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

I absolutely need light. You are not the only one. When it is time for bed I have to just about turn every light off in the whole house. lol. Our living room didn't have a light fixture either but we did have a plug that was controlled by a switch so I convinced my hubby and dad to rig something up so that I could have some light. I now have a light fixture that hangs from the ceiling but has a cord that plugs in. I now can stand to be in that room although it still has a lot of dark corners

Michelle @ Dibble Dabble Life July 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

I turn on EVERY light in the house and my husband goes behind me and turns them off ha ha. It is a constant evil circle of turning on and off lights at my house!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State July 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

I know what you mean. Our house is 48 years old and there is no light in the living room. Well, there is, but it's a gold(!) spotlight and it's on the side of the room. SO ugly. I do have one lamp, but that's it. And the huge, round air vent is dead square in the middle of the ceiling. I am CLUELESS about what kind of light to use in here.

Anonymous,  July 14, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

I crave light! I feel the same way about the windows being open. My husband hates it so we fight over the blinds being open or shut. I love both those lamps too. I think I like the silver one better though.

Brittney July 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Oh my gosh, I'm EXACTLY the same way! Whenever my parents come to visit, my dad walks around the house turning off lights and I tell him that I'm willing to spend a few extra dollars on our power bill to have a bright house! I also open every blind and curtain first thing in the morning. Did we do that in college? I can't remember!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} July 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

I feel exactly the same way! I go around opening windows and turning on lights and hubby goes after me and does the opposite. haha. Nice to know I'm not alone! ;)

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails