Dresses from Shabby Apple

Bottle with a twist

Monday, January 25, 2010

Most of you have probably seen these floating around the web. I swear these things start like wildfires. They are quite possibly the easiest craft I have done lately. But very tedious and time consuming and that is why I wouldn't recommend these for the light-hearted crafter! But I do think the end result makes the whole thing worth it. So maybe even the light hearted ones should join in on the fun!

Take an empty bottle you have around. (I started scouring my fridge for the next one of these I plan to make. I am thinking a square shaped one like an A-1 Sauce or something similar would be cool.)Then take off the wrapper. Tear it, rip it. Whatever. Then use Goo Gone and water. That made this one SO much easier to get rid of!Grab some jute and use either really heavy duty sticky tape (like what they use with carpets) or else use the trusty ol' glue gun. That is what I had around so that is what I used. Just slow and steady is what I recommend. Do a line of glue and then attach the jute. Line of glue, jute. Line of glue, jute. You get it. Seriously, it took me like 3 days to finish this one up. I did it in my "spare" time and could only stand doing it for so long each time before I wanted to chuck it across the room. Well maybe not really, but it isn't the most exciting craft to make.Towards the end though, it starts going faster and you get excited to see how it is going to turn out. Oh, then you could accessorize it with something for the holidays, like a red heart. The nice thing about these is that they seem to go with just about any type of decor. My kind of craft.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linked up at:

11 comments:

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple January 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

That is so fun, I love it! I have been wanting to try this, but just haven't. I might have to though! Thanks for linking to Motivate me Monday!
Kaysi

So Sunny Day January 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Ok that is just too sweet. I really hope you do the A1 bottle - I think square would be anawesome shape! Please post if you do!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Linda@Coastal Charm January 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Just too cute!!! I have lots of jute...maybe I should try this!

Blessings,
Linda

Paola January 26, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

Just found your site- I love it (via Creative Jewish mom). Thanks for sharing your talents.

Unknown January 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

So cute! Thanks for linking up. :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff January 30, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I love this idea! I'm featuring it on my blog!

http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

Thanks for linking up!

Its So Very Cheri January 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

How cute is that. I have a jug covered in jute so now I just need to add a heart.

On my favs list for sure.

FYI -I have a fun give-a-way starting tonight.

Cheri

Lenetta February 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Lovely idea! I linked to this on my weekly roundup - thanks for sharing!

nateandcole February 8, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Ooh, what a fun idea. Even if it wasn't the most engaging project for you, it turned out cute!

Bindu April 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM  

I made one with sisal recently. I have the picture in my blog www.bindu.ca

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails