Dresses from Shabby Apple

Frames for CHEAP!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who doesn't need a little more decor for cheap?! 3 bucks and a little love and I had these babies finished! These are the hubby and my initials, which I thought would be fitting for Valentine's or really they could work for any day too. I did the

I bought the frames from the Dollar Tree after seeing this post at Under the Table and Dreaming. I thought they were really cute and for $1 you really can't beat the price!
So I waited til it finally got sunny outside again....(which was probably the longest part!) Whipped out my trusty ol' spray paint and got to work. Did a couple of coats and then sanded around the edges and on some of the detailing. Then I mixed up some Dark Chocolate craft paint from Americana with some water to make more of a runny glaze.I brushed it all over the frame and let it dry for just a bit. Then used a rag and just wiped some of it off. It is probably the easiest thing to do to make it all stand out more.
I printed the letters off of my computer in different fonts and exacto knifed 'em out of the paper. Backed them with scrapbooking paper and they were done. I LoVe how they turned out and they were easy and cheap!! I am thinking of doing some turquoise or maybe even a bright yellow. Apparently those are the "in" colors this year in decorating. I gotta have me some turquoise soon so I am sure I will be posting something...

7 comments:

Kaysi February 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Those look so good, I love the paint on them, it really makes them pop. I always love cheap and simple for home decor! Thanks for sharing
Kaysi

Unknown February 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

These are so cute and I love whats in them too- adorable! Thanx 4 sharing!

April @ Adventures and Gadgets February 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

Visiting from The Girl Creative ~

Love all of the fun projects on your blog!

Danielle February 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Stinkin' Cute! And the dollar store to boot! You are awesome :)

Lei February 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

I wonder if all dollar stores carry the same merchandise? Because those frames are fabulous (as is what you did to yours)!

Lori February 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

How very cute! I'm really starting to love the dollar stores... Thanks for joining my party "Get your craft on Thurs." I'm having my party again on Thursday and would love for you to join in again!!! Very cute blog!

ashley @ little miss momma October 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

Gotta love the Dollar tree! These turned out fabulous!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails