Dresses from Shabby Apple

Easy Gift Idea

Thursday, December 10, 2009

So I have seen this idea floating around the blog world, but thought I would put my two cents in too just in case someone hasn't seen it. Here are a few pictures of some I have made the last few years. I love doing this for baby shower gifts or just for another piece of holiday decor if you need something to fill a space. The frames can be found at Michael's for $1. Just use mod podge (which is an all in one glue, sealer and finish for those that aren't familiar with it) and some scrapbook paper (or even fabric) and some craft paint to beautify it. Then you can also embellish it with ribbons, buttons or other fun stuff. I just saw this more in-depth tutorial today at one of my favorite blogs here. The best part about these frames is just how different each one can be. The sky is the limit!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

5 comments:

Sarah December 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

I appreciate the modge podge explanation lol. you're the best!

Sarah December 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

well, I guess it's actually spelled mod podge :P

Sarah December 11, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

What a great idea! I have some stuff lying around that I am going to do that to. Thanks for the blog printing tip! I was actually going to ask you how your printed out your blogs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top December 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I love these! I'd been thinking about a way to make cute frames. Thanks for the idea and thanks for stopping by my blog too! :)

nateandcole December 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I'm excited you posted that...since I happen to have three extra frames in my craft space that I wasn't sure what to do with. Now i do.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails