Dresses from Shabby Apple

It's a Numbers Game

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

While at Hobby Lobby the other day I came across these in the unfinished wood aisle. They were half off so I threw them in the cart.
I figured there must be something I could make with them. I got out the paint and painted one side of the wood, and apparently got it all over my fingers too.
I also used a little of this to help me out.Cut a piece of scrapbook paper into smaller pieces and mod podged it onto the unpainted side of the wood.
Then I got some sandpaper and put it to good use. I prefer sanding off the edges of paper rather than cutting it. It makes a nicer edge.Then I printed some numbers off of the computer and started cutting them out with the exacto knife.I mod podged them on top of the scrapbook paper. Now it is a nice game for my little guy to practice his numbers and his memory.And since there were some pieces left over, I couldn't let them go to waste. I mod podged paper onto one side and put sticky magnets on the other.Then I added some words to the front to add a little flair. Yay for more fridge magnets. You can never have too many!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linking up at:
Inspired Room

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

giveaways

14 comments:

Laura Dunaway December 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

You constantly amaze me with your fabulous crafting ideas! I love these! Send some of that talent my way. :)

Unknown December 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Wow you come up with great ideas!!!

Kelly Moore December 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

I love your blog, and I am glad I found it pretty early on! Keep the great ideas coming (I'm a little bit of a blog stalker, I check my favorites every day!) All your ideas are easy and inexpensive enough that I am excited to go try them!

Hurray for crafting!

Abbi December 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Very cute game and magnets. Thanks for linking it up to "A Handmade Christmas". We have enjoyed making matching games using old juice lids or other lids.

Sarah December 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

I've never ever thought to use sandpaper! That's an AWESOME idea Thanks, Stacey...also, what exactly is modge podge? I feel so ignorant asking, haha, almost want to make it anonymous!

Anonymous,  December 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Hi Stacey, I'm not sure I'm commenting on the right blog! How cute these little circles are! Pretty clever of you.
Thank you for coming to see my home tour.
Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
Shelia ;)

Funky Junk Interiors December 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Sweet idea! I would have totally grabbed those wooden circles too. 101 uses for most anything for us creative types.

Great tutorial! Thanks for linking up!

FJ Donna

Selissa December 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

This is such an awesome idea! I am totally going to do it! Thanks

Donna December 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

I just used these to make my neices "flair" for their lockers at school. I looked at their facebook pages and copied their favorite flairs. Did exactly what you did, put a strong magnet on the back and now they have some cute button flair for their lockers when the return to school.

Leanne December 14, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

That is a great game idea for your little guy and so cute. I hope he has fun with it and thanks for sharing the idea.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

You are so creative! I would have never thought of making those wood pieces into such a cute game :).

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails