Dresses from Shabby Apple

Wrap it up

Friday, December 18, 2009

I could probably think of 101 uses for this besides what it is originally meant for: printing newspapers on. Oh, wait! Did I mention I was dreaming about newspaper paper? That seems a bit redundant. Not sure if there is a different term for it but I love newspaper paper. Call up your local paper and ask if they have end of the rolls of their newsprint. A lot of them give it away for free. Some charge like mine but it was only about $3.50 for a huge amount of it. I use it all the time and it has lasted me forever! Here are a few things you could do with it: use it for kids drawing/scribbling tablet, paint on it, use it to wrap up breakables in a move, make sewing patterns (I have a great post for this one coming up sometime soon), use as a tablecloth to color on, drop cloth for spray painting and the list could go on and on.

My most recent use for it was Christmas wrapping paper. My picture does not do my idea justice where I am thinking you could take this. My two year old was quite proud of his drawings though so I wasn't about to change anything just for the blog and hurt his feelings. He even had me scribbling on a whim with him. So insert some of your own creative juices here. But I am envisioning stamps or beautiful writing across it in cursive letters. Wrap it up tied with jute, raffia (natural or colored), ribbon, yarn or string. The possibilities really are endless. Slap on a cutesy tag and wah-lah you have yourself a nice packaged package. Man, I am really into doubles tonight.

So run, no, drive down to your nearest newspaper in town and pick up some of that newspaper paper. Trust me, you will thank me later.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri December 19, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

I love using Newspaper print rolls-And yes there are tons of ideas. One Christmas we hired a Santa to come to our home and had about 80 people come over, every year it grew--so we moved the food and Santa to the Garage and had chairs set up in the garage as well. It gave people more room to mingle. I used the paper and hung it from the ceiling making a Wall so all my hubbies tools etc were out of view (not the Christmasy look I was going for). I painted a big picture window and spray painted out the window blue and globbed on white so it looked like it was snowing. I added fabric for curtains--just made it look like a house.

I have had so many Google problems-and it isn't over-Google has no idea how to solve the problem.
Sorry I haven't been by much-I decided after weeks and weeks of non-stop Google issues, I am throwing my hands up and making much needed visits.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can come by for a visit.
Cheri

nateandcole December 21, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Great idea. I'm going to call our local newspaper. We could really have fun with that.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails