Dresses from Shabby Apple

Redo: Ironing Board

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I recovered my ironing board. It was super easy and so much cuter than before!
It actually makes me want to iron, which is a first!! I used the casing from my previous ironing board cover to make it even easier. All I did was trace around my ironing board on my new fabric, cut it a few inches bigger and pin it to my old ironing board cover casing (which I had already cut only about 2-3 inches from the edge). Then sewed around it. Easy peasy!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Linking up at:
 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

6 comments:

Tonya December 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Huge improvement! I can see why you would want to iron now...let's just say that is something I won't be doing to my iron board! To be honest, my iron board and I are hardly friends...LOL

But it looks GREAT!!! What an awesome idea!

Becca December 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

so what you're saying is that if I make a cute ironing board cover I'll want to iron??? guess I should give it a try!Wink Wink!!! Thanks for linking!

Becca @ BCD

KimMalk December 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

I never would have thought of this! It's a great idea if you are one of those who decorates their laundry room, too, everything would be coordinated.

KimMalk December 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen December 15, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

I am so glad you linked this idea up to my party. I have been inspired and plan on doing my ugly ironing board soon.

TidyMom December 16, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

How cute!! I was wanting to buy a cute one on Etsy - but I think I can do this! I may give it a try in Jan! - so you just sewed the fabric to your old cover right?

Merry Christmas!

~TidyMom

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails