Dresses from Shabby Apple

Eating on the Go!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some of you may have seen this here, but if not. Here is my rendition. I saw this and knew I had to have one. Not just because it looked cute, easy and cheap to make. But because I actually need one with two kiddos, and one that is semi-possessive of his chair, this is a fab thing to have. Besides, it looked so easy to fold up and take on the go which is something I love!
I bought a 1/2 yard of two coordinating fabrics. Then pretty much went off of Jill's measurements. Mine ended up being pretty much the same size as hers. Be sure to include enough for a seam allowance. (6x42, 10x20 and 4x7) It fits perfectly. My velcro is 1" wide and 10" long. I also used 2 pieces of batting just to give it a little more cushion.

I wanted something pretty secure to strap them in tight. Just remember, this obviously isn't as stable as a regular booster or high chair. I would definitely exercise caution using it, but it sure is nice to strap in a toddler at a restaurant or have another "seat" to strap a little one in to munch with the fam!

Oh and if your kids are short like mine is, a phone book can do the trick for older ones needing to wanting to sit up to the table.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linking up at:
BCD Show and tell

1 comments:

Charity December 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Thinking of making these as a shower gift great idea, thanks. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails