Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Swappin' with Created by Diane

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am so excited to have Diane from Created By Diane here today. She is SUPER talented, especially with food. Everything she makes looks so good. I will be showing a fun kitchen craft over on her blog today, so come check it out.


I'm Diane
My Photo
from Created by Diane
Created by Diane
Blog swapping sure sounded like fun to me,

and there really couldn't have been a better time for me to blog swap with Stacey.

I love to craft but haven't completed projects I set out to do,

lately I've been creating items like these


I had a project in mind and am so glad I finally did it.

Recently I took some photos of my kids and really wanted to have a canvas made of the best one.

Well it was hard to decide, which photo once I began uploading.

Then I had an idea,

instead I planned on making my own photo canvas with all of them,

I even brought my husband to the same spot so my son could get a couple photos of us to add to my project.


I had the photos printed, I did not print them myself for fear they would bleed with this project.

I began with a 16x20 canvas.

I selected 16 (4x6) photos, then trimmed off one inch from each photo to make them 4x5.

I applied mod podge all over the canvas and then placed each photo onto the wet mod podge and slightly over lapped the edges so when they dried it would be easy to brush over the tops without lifting and edges.

I used the Matte finish and I love how it came out.


I had started with a brush and wished that I had used a sponge brush. You can see the brush
marks on the top row here, but only when the light hits it in a certain direction.


Otherwise it really is quite invisible.

Now to find a happy home for it.

Thanks Stacey for helping me get my project done. Sometimes we all need a little inspiration.

Now I just need to dust off my sewing machine and make one of those

camera straps I saw your tutorial on.


Thanks again to Diane for this great project! I am loving it. As soon as you throw pictures into a craft, I am SOLD!! She did a great job on it. I am so glad she shared it with us! Don't forget to check out Created by Diane for all of her yummy creations!

5 comments:

Angie Holden April 29, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Gorgeous pics and love what you did with em! So nice to meet ya!!

amy April 29, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

Those cupcakes looks delicious!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard April 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

that is so cool! I think there is even a mod podge that when it is applied right it looks just like canvas. I wish I made food that looked like that...

GroverFamily April 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

i love the canvas! and all that food looks so yummy:)
new follower from new friend friday come check out my blog sometime!
http://lifewiththegrovers.blogspot.com

Caren @ The Attic Studio April 30, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

That's a beautiful project! Have you shared it with modpodgerocks.blogspot.com? I'm your newest follower from Trendy Treehouse. theatticstudio.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails