Dresses from Shabby Apple

Dinosaur Birthday {Part 1}

Monday, April 12, 2010

I had a project all ready to show you today (you know the one I mentioned where there had been a few mishaps). But I decided since my little guy is turning 3 on Friday that I would dedicate this week to his birthday preparations. So that other project will just have to wait a bit longer to be shared....

I asked Hudson if he wanted to have a pirate party or a dinosaur party. He told me pirates with no hesitation. Then I said, okay pirates it is. No dinosaurs. He immediately said, no, no. I want dinosaurs. And he stuck with that. So we are going all out dino style!

I spent some time tonight drawing some dinosaurs in Photoshop. Then I colored them up and added some details to them. I figured these would make cute little decorations. Here is a sample of one of them:

And just for being awesome readers I thought I would give them to you too. You can download them here.

I am going to print them out and attach them to toothpicks to use as cupcake toppers. (Sorry I would show you pictures but my printer is apparently out of red ink.) I am putting them on here for you in case you have a dinosaur party in your future too. I will have some other fun birthday stuff this week...hats, wrapping, maybe some invites and of course a cake to name a few.

8 comments:

Sherri April 12, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

How cute! My son (now 23) LOVED dinos and had several over the years. Can't wait to see all the party stuff.

Tasha April 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Love the dinosaur!! You drew that on photoshop? Amazing. I need to learn to do this kind of stuff. (I don't have photoshop though) so that I can work on Tanner's superhero party. You are inspiring me to get going!

Unknown April 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Loving the dinosaur and thanks for sharing it! Can't wait to see more pics!

Our kiddos are about the same age (my girls will be 3 at the end of April)...yay for 3!!!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy April 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

I did a dino party for my 4 year old this past fall... but didn't go over the top with deco since we just moved. I'm hoping he'll want another one, or maybe his brother, because I want to use the Cricut cartridge that has dinosaurs on it. Love that theme!! Hope his party turns out AWESOME.

Blessings-
Sarah

Laura April 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

So cute!!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Nice design. I can see that on a shirt too....or, hey, how about some bibs for the birthday kids to wear while chowin' down?? Just a little freezer paper, some fabric paint....

Unknown April 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Ooooh, love the dino theme. And love the name Hudson, incidentally. :)
We have a friday fun finds party that's still going- we'd love it if you'd link up!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails