Dresses from Shabby Apple

Fake Window

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This was previously posted on All Thingz Related for a blog swap but I am reposting it here for keepsake purposes.

Here is a fun project that anyone can do. I apologize for the lack of pictures but seriously, this is the EASIEST project to do!
Buy a mirror and paint it the color of your choice (if it isn't already). I think this came from a yard sale for like $1. Now get trim pieces (pine or whatever is cheap) and cut one long piece to go vertically on your mirror. You can use any Elmer's, Gorilla glue, or wood glue to attach it to your mirror. Next, cut two smaller pieces to fit in on either side to form the cross. This will make it appear to be a 4 paned window. Glue those pieces down. Now screw or nail it up to any spot you desire...inside or out.Here is ours. It is on the outside of a shed. It adds just the right touch to make it look a little homier. I think all it needs now is a planter box below it with flowers.


5 comments:

Andrea Ostapovitch June 15, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

This is a fantastic idea! My garden shed could use a little sprucing up...

Cindy June 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

What an awesome idea! I agree with adding a window box :)

Ann @ makethebestofthings June 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Very clever! It certainly adds a special touch to your good looking shed. A window box would be sweet.

Shutters July 6, 2017 at 5:14 PM  

I love what you did with these window. A brilliant idea. I am really interested with these projects and this one is really creative. . blinds in houston

Unknown June 16, 2021 at 8:56 PM  

This is amazing! I have been searching and searching for some kind of a way to make a faux window for the exterior of my house for curb appeal. My house has a large blank area that is crying out for Windows! Thanks for the great idea!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails