Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Swappin' with The Country Chic Cottage

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am so excited to have Angie here from The Country Chic Cottage. She is so clever and creative. I always love to see what she can come up with, especially with her thrifty finds! I am bloggin' at her place today so come check me out!


Hello! My name is Angie from The Country Chic Cottage! This is my first EVER blog swap! So I am totally excited to be here at Fun to Craft! Stacey is the best isn't she??

So I wanted needed HAD TO HAVE a chalkboard. I made some chalkboard tins. Cool yes but I wanted more. Something big yet sturdy and it must be CHEAP. Plates were too small. Most large platters that were in the "cheap" range were too flimsy. So I thought and hunted. And finally it hit me...a cutting board...


Aaahhh..yes so much better. I found this large wood cutting board at goodwill for $2.99...hello cheap AND sturdy!


I actually use the "back" or the side without the knife marks. I just sprayed it with a few coats of chalkboard paint (always follow the instructions on your can!!). Painted the edges in robin's egg blue. After the mandatory 24 hours I had a board for our weekly "schedule". I put a saw tooth hanger on the back. A mini-basket attached to the front with an upholstery tack holds the chalk and a rag for an eraser.


This idea came to me just in time...you see I have three kids playing ball right now...busy, busy, busy.

I invite all of you to stop by The Country Chic Cottage and have a look around. I do crazy things like monogramming a plate with nail polish remover. Crafty things like combining burlap and ribbon. One thing is for sure...I never know what I am going to come up with next so you won't either!

Thanks so much Stacey for blog swapping with me today! It has been a ton of fun!!

~Thanks~

~Angie~

That turned out so cute. I love chalkboard anything. I need to get me some of that fab stuff, especially since I just bought some stuff to use it with. Thanks again to Angie for showing us her cute tutorial. Oh, and don't forget to enter my giveaway here.

Linked up at:
Somewhat Simple, Life as Lori, Fireflies and Jellybeans

4 comments:

Life in Rehab April 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM  

The addition of the basket is wonderful. What a cute solution!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans April 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Very cute... almost anything is cuter with chalkboard paint! I also like the basket for the chalk! :)

Lori April 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

This is a great idea! I really like this.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party.

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! April 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Hi,
I followed you over from the Life As Lori link party. You have a teriffic blog. I am now a follower of yours. I would really love it if you came over and visited me too. Be sure to enter the drawings for the necklaces, if you do. Rory http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails