Dresses from Shabby Apple

Dino Party {Part 3}

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What would a birthday be without a birthday banner?? And since we are in dino mode we have to include some of those too...Start out with some cardstock in whatever colors you would like.I used white cardstock for the backing cut into fourths and the corners rounded with a punch.Then I distressed the edges of each of the "cards."
I used the Cricut and my Make the Cut program to use a font from my computer to cut out the letters. I think I used the font 'Elephants in Cherry Trees.' Where do they come up with these font names?? So anyway, since my cards are all 4.25 by 5.5 inches wide, I decided I wanted my letters to be about 4 inches tall. I just adjusted the height in Make the Cut. Did I mention how much I love my Cricut and Make the Cut? It was SO fast and SO easy to cut these out!
Then I glued the letters down onto the cards using spray adhesive. Smelly stuff but really fast and easy. I also used the dinosaurs I created here and cut them out on colored cardstock to add them to a few of the cards to spice the banner up a bit.
I used a hole punch to do two holes near the top of each card.I took some ribbon from my stash o' ribbon. Did I mention my friend got ALL of this for me at a Ribbon Outlet for around $3-4. Yeah, I am DYING to go there sometime. Too bad it's really far away. But it is on my list of places to go.I just weaved the ribbon into the holes on the letter cards and left enough of a string at the end to hang it with.

I had the hubby help me hang it up. I tied bows at the end of each strand. Just take the excess and do two rabbit ears and tie them together. Then your one end will be hooked on the letters and the other end is just hanging down.And like that, it is starting to feel like a dinosaur birthday is coming up!
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Linked up at:
Blue Cricket Design, The Thrifty Home, We are That Family,
A Soft Place, My Backyard Eden

10 comments:

Mandy Beyeler April 14, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

I passed a blog award on to your blog because it bring some sunshine to my day! www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Mama Thompson April 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

cute...love how you connected the banner together.

Tiffany April 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

I am digging the bright primary colors! And I wish I had a ribbon outlet, ribbon can be pricey.

Amanda Joy Petersen April 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

I love it. I am a sucker for bright colors. (No pastel baby things for me :) I will have to do this when Asher turns three in October. I am doing spooky halloween costume party for the little kids; that we had to cancel last year due to everyone but us having swine flu. I have a bunch of really cute halloween paper to do this with. Thanks

Christy April 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

I absolutely love the colors you chose!

nicole lindsay April 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I love your blog! I am joining you from UBP! penniesandthoughts.blogspot.com

Tasha April 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Apsolutely LOVE it. It turned out so perfect!!

Michelle Johnston April 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

so....where is the ribbon outlet? You are so creative girl. Good luck with your move....'s!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden April 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Now that is so cute! I really need to get a Cricut!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Unknown January 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM  

Super, duper cute. I love the distress ink too, I surely need to add that to my supplies!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails