Dresses from Shabby Apple

Redo {Candle Holder}

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I found this beauty at the Goodwill a couple weeks ago. It didn't have a price tag on it but I knew the price would be right...which it was. Only 1 buck! Can't beat that. As soon as I saw it, I loved the ornate detailing and the thick stand. The scroll design is too cute...well maybe not in gold but I knew a little spray painting love is all it would take!
It is a beauty all black and shiny. Looks brand new! The only bad thing is that I haven't found a candle in my stash big enough to make the candle not look super tiny and somewhat lame. So I am still in search of the perfect topper. I also tried tying jute near the top but it just didn't have the right look. Sometimes you try things out, and they just don't work. But its worth trying!

I love it just plain black. I think I need a red or white candle and I may do a scrapbook paper wrap around my candle. Just to give it a little more something. I got a TON of other stuff the day when I went thrifting and will have many more projects to share!! If only this weather would stay nice for me. Too bad I can't control that. Have you found any great thrifty finds lately?

12 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box February 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

I can picture a black and white polka dot candle from Hobby Lobby on it! Very cute!

Five Bloomin' Beauties February 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Hey Stacey! I love this blog! You have such cute, creative ideas! So I started looking at other blogs you have linked to yours. The thing I don't like about a lot of them is that they are just a blog full of links and not ideas and actual crafts like yours! So hats off to you and please don't ever turn into a "link blog!"'

Traci

Angie Holden February 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

I love thrifting and I love candle holders! That is a great one there -- can't beat the price!

Cass @ That Old House February 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

That candle holder looks great in the black! Very chic. I see a tan/beige candle in it, almost a sand color -- but then I like sandy beiges with tan! Cass

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville February 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Black always is classic. LOVE it! Welcome Stacey!Thanks for sharing today. Thank you also for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
~Hugs~
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Glenda/MidSouth February 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

Great redo! Don't give up - There is a candle out there that will fit!. :-)

Josh and Juli February 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

It looks great - so much better than it did in gold! I, too, think a tan or beige candle would look great in it. But you're the creative one - can't wait to see the finished product!

Emily {Frilly Details} February 5, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Yay!! Much better than gold! ha

Isn't spray paint the best?! Great job! :)

Americana Lady February 5, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

This turned out so pretty and I love the shine! Have you thought about gluing a plate to the top and using it as a base for a plate/cake stand. There have been a lot of blog posts about doing this and tutorials. I did one by inverting a glass dessert cup and adding a glass plate. I could see yours with a colorful plate that has some black on it. Just an idea, hope you don't mind. Joan @Americana By Candlelight

Jane B. February 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Cool little redo! Don't you love projects like this? Cute, fun, easy...and fabulous when finished! Thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

craftykat June 6, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

super cute redo! I love the suggestions here too, what about using a strip of cute scrapbook paper AND some of your twine tied around that... could be cute... :)

Christina September 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

If you are having a hard time finding a candle substantial enough for the stand, try adding to the candle to make it bulkier and also add more interest. For example, you can get a candle and tie a row or cinnamon (I am pretty sure that I spelled that wrong)around the outer part and then tie it all together with a really nice ribbon. That was just an example but the options are limitless.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails