Dresses from Shabby Apple

Another Moving Tip

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My first move is over with. So glad to be done with that one! I had to share a tip...one I meant to share before but the move took a bit longer than I had anticipated. Two little kiddos make every move go WAY longer than it should.

One thing that has made past moves and this one too go a bit smoother is buying a mattress cover. I figure there is nothing grosser than having an expensive mattress get all nasty and dirty from sitting in storage or from being on a moving truck. We have bought these mattress bags for our mattress our last few moves and have been so grateful for them.They not only keep your mattress clean but they also make it slippery on the bottom which enables you to just scoot it along the carpet or wherever to get it into your moving truck. Mattresses, especially king sized ones, are just big and floppy. This makes them so hard to move. But with one of these mattress covers, it is so much easier. (No I am not getting compensation from Uhaul for saying this....I am sure you can buy these at other moving places too.) I just really think it is worth the 5 bucks to protect your mattress.

Oh, and I have some fun home decor/renovation stuff to share with you soon too. We have been sick and so I have been sluggish and not in the mood for blogging. I am on my way back though so I should have some craftiness soon enough!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Hope you feel better.
Great tip. And I am sure you will find ways to craft with the cover after done with it.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard May 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

We just got a new mattress and our lease is up... thanks for the tip!

Unknown May 27, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

What a really great tip! Thanks for sharing and I hope you all are feeling much better. Glad you are finally moved and can start settling in. I am looking forward to seeing all of your new DIY projects that you have in store.
I gave you the Trendy Treehouse award http://www.lifeonpossomtrot.com/2010/05/did-you-know-i-was-trendy.html

Diane May 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Great idea. Very cute. Stop by and see me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails