Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Swappin' with Scraps N' Strings

Thursday, May 20, 2010

SO excited to have Ruth and Sammy from Scraps N' Strings over here blog swappin' today. They have such a cute and fun blog. I just love all of their stuff. Go check out their blog too...I am over there for the day.


Hello Fun to Craft readers! This is Ruth and Sammy from Scraps N' Strings and we are so excited to be swapping blogs with Stacey. We figure we had better introduce ourselves a bit before we start.


I'm Ruth and I am a stay at home mommy of 2 (3 and 1) and a part-time photographer, you can see my work here. I enjoy making "stuff" and taking pictures of them! I especially love to sew and like to break out the Modge Podge. I love anything that is quick and simple! After I got married, I started crafting with my sister-in-law Sammy as a way to make our homes cute without spending a lot of money.


My name is Sammy and I have 2 darling little boys, 2 and 9 months. I'm a stay at home mom and I like to spend my zero amount of free time trying to be crafty and beautifying my home. One of the first things my husband said to me when we bought our home was, "You want to put crafts up, don't you?" So that's what I've done. And now we've decided to share some of our ideas with you! We've got a little bit of everything on our blog, from baby and home tutorials to recipes. So now on to the tutorial~


This is our newest that I came up with this week that is great for toddlers and small kids and can be altered to fit any childs likes.

And I am in love! They were so fun to make and Mr. Finn absolutely adores them (A+ for mom!). And they were super easy.

Materials Needed:

Dry erase board

Pencil Case

Clamp

2 Metal Clasp Rings

Sheet Magnets

Face Print out


I started out with a magnetic dry erase board from Walmart. These measure 11X11".

I used a ruler and found the middle of the board and used a dry erase marker to draw the shape of the face and then traced over the dry erase marker with a sharpie.


Next step was to drill 2 holes in the top (mark where to drill using the holes on the pencil bag)

And then I used E600 to glue a cute bulldog clamp right in the center of the top.

And use the metal rings to attach the bag to the dry erase board.


Next thing I did was freehand some face parts (eyes, nose, mouth, ect.). I also made a second board that was for animals. I laminated all of the drawings and then cut them out.


Then I placed all of the pieces onto the magnet sheets and cut them out.


All of the pieces are easy to store in the pencil bag, and I also put some colored pencils in each bag so that we can attach some paper to the clip and they can have a cool little coloring board. These keep my boy entertained for quite a while, and trust me, that is saying something.


If you don't want to freehand the magnets yourself you are more than welcome to download the ones that I drew. Keep in mind these were all done with pencil and markers so they are by no means professional, but I think that it adds to the charm!

Download the Face Pieces here

And the Animal Pieces here

So go get your craft on and remember to come visit us over Scraps N' Strings to find more great ideas to love your home, and thanks again to Stacey for having us over!!


Super cute idea yet again! Thanks for blog swappin' Ruth and Sammy. You guys are too cute!

1 comments:

Cindy May 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

OMG! I love love love it! Will you make one for me? pleaseeee.. lol nahhhh just kidding... I have to make one for my granddaughter... I'll add it to my list..lol

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails