Dresses from Shabby Apple

OBG {Crayon Roll}

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is an old project I did but one I thought I should share. I thought those crayon rolls were so fun that I kept seeing around. So about a year or so ago, I decided to make one for my little guy and a friend who was having a baby. I didn't think it was necessary to reinvent this tutorial since there were so many great ones out there already. So I mainly used the one here at Skip to My Lou...love her blog! I tried one square and one with rounded corners. Still not sure which one I like more.

However, I didn't have one of those nifty nylon stops she had and I really wanted to finish the project that day without running to the store.
So instead of that, I used an unused pony tail holder. I just sewed the silver part into the crayon roll holder. It is so nice and easy enough for my little guy to fasten and unfasten himself. I have loved having this crayon roll and it is a must have in my Sunday bag I talked about here. The iron on vinyl keeps the fabric nice so you don't have a bunch of crayon marks from little ones taking the crayons in and out over and over again! (Oh, and sorry about the bad pics on my nasty ol' vinyl floor in our old place...these were taken last year like I said and I wasn't as into making sure I had a good background for my projects!!)

1 comments:

Erin June 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Very clever. This would be much better than having them all over the back of the car!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails