Dresses from Shabby Apple

Held Hostage by Aly and Ash

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kustom Kids Boutique has some of the trendiest patterns for kid's clothes around. I am in love with so many of their patterns. I can't even tell you which one is my favorite. Did I mention the patterns are so cheap too?? Go check them out here.

...................................................................



Downeast Basics Inspired Petal Necklace

with

I'm so excited to start off Hostage Week here at Fun to Craft! Today we will be making a Downeast Basics inspired necklace for less than $1.00...yup you read that right LESS THAN ONE DOLLAR!!


Here's my inspiration and how to make it yourself:


Cute right!

Step One: Supplies

I don't know about you but I go though accessories faster than clothes so I always have old necklaces etc lying around. I grabbed this old necklace and a pack of artificial flower petals from the Target dollar section.


Step Two:

Since my necklace had a 2nd chair I carefully opened one of the rings and removed it to put the petals on.


Step Three:

Use a craft knife to cut a little "x" in the center(ish) of your flower and string onto your necklace.


Step Four:

Every third flower fold in half before cutting your "x" and string on still folded.


Step Five:

Continue pattern until finished! I used 17 petals.

(50 petals in pack for $1.00 - 17 Petals used = 34 Cents Total!!!)


I re-attached the top chain and Voila!



Well this Hostage thing has been fun but I'm going to pass Stacey on to the next kidnapper and get back to work over on {Aly&Ash}! Come visit and check out some of my other projects including:



And for AZ locals I'm hosting an event! Hope to see you there!


Click {HERE} for Event Info!


Thanks again to Aly&Ash for starting off Hostage Week here at Fun to Craft. She has some really fun projects on her blog. Plus, the way she displays/photographs them makes them that much cuter! Love her! Go check out her blog!!

Oh, and don't forget to enter in the giveaways going on here this week too!

4 comments:

Unknown May 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

This necklace is so much fun! Great idea!

Anonymous,  May 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

I LOVE this necklace! Now, if only I could make it...

Ann @ makethebestofthings May 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

This necklace is simple and stunning. Such a great look for spring and summer. Your directions are excellent.

Song May 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

This is such a cute idea. And the possibilities! Fun! I also love the stand on which you display it. Did you also make that?

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails