Dresses from Shabby Apple

Held Hostage by Along for the Ride

Monday, May 10, 2010

Hi Fun to Craft readers! I'm Laura and I'm stopping over from Along for the Ride to guest post today for Stacey.


I'm a wife to an amazing husband, a hall coordinator to a group of 400 students, and a kitty mommy to Jupiter. When I'm not busy with my different jobs and roles, I love to craft!

Here are some of my favorite projects:

easy wall art, toilet paper roll napkin rings, a simple fabric and twine necklace, and a super cheap cardboard monogram.



and my craft desk!


But my desk needed something else. After seeing a few tutorials on how to turn boring glass jars into beautiful twine wrapped vases, I decided to give it a try.


I used a spaghetti jar and a jelly jar and wrapped them with rope and gray ribbon.

Now they hold brushes markers and extra fabric and ribbon scraps.


Perfect!

Thanks so much, Stacey, for having me today. I hope you will all stop by my blog soon. Every Saturday I host a party called "Saturday is Crafty Day." I hope to see you all there!





Thanks again to Laura from Along for the Ride for being here today. What a fun project. That rope on there just makes it so stinkin' cute! Go check out her blog and see all the other fun things she has going on!

***Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway for the pettiskirt here.


2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings May 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

I love how those turned out! The contrast is texture between the glass and the rope wrap is refreshing. Twine/rope wrapped glass is still coming on, stylistically, so you are on the cutting edge! Loved these.

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails