Dresses from Shabby Apple

Mother's Day Gift Idea

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Originally posted at It's So Very Cheri for a blog swap. Reposting this here in case any of you missed this project, and for blog keepsake purposes!

The project I am sharing for you today was SUPER easy. Onto the tutorial....
Start with a cute plate. I got mine from Walmart for a dollar or two.
Then design your phrase in Make the Cut.
This is one of the print preview modes so you can more easily see what will print.Here is the machine doing the work for you and cutting out the vinyl.Here is a sample after it has been cut.
After it is cut out, peel off the main background and toss it.
Use your transparency tape and adhere it to the whole word strip. I only wanted to do the top word first, so I cut mine in half lengthwise so I could adhere the first word by itself.
Once the word 'together' was in place, then I lined up the second word strip and stuck it to the plate once it was positioned correctly.
Wah-lah! It is a fun saying and an easy Mother's Day gift. I know it was last Sunday and all but I couldn't spoil the surprise. So this is also a fun gift for anyone that needs a quick pick me up! Change the saying to fit whatever the occasion! You could also include a plate hanger or plate stand to display...but since I am in the middle of the move, I don't really have one out to use for pics. So you will have to visualize that one on your own!

5 comments:

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

I so need to get some vinyl for my Cricut! cute plate. :)

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

SUPER CUTE! LOVE VINYL ON PLATES!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy May 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

That looks really cute! Great idea!

Colleen December 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

what kind of program do you use on your computer?

BettyBee February 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM  

Very cute project. I saw it on Pintrest. I have a lot of vinyl projects on my blog.
BettyBrett.blogspot.com I also have MTC.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Happy crafting!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails