Dresses from Shabby Apple

Awards

Monday, March 1, 2010

So recently (as in the last few sicko weeks at my house) I received a few blog awards from some AMAZING crafters. I promise you, I wasn't ignoring the honor! I was super excited to see that 3 people chose me for the awards...not that I am bragging to you or anything. But I did think it was totally cool!! I was shocked when I saw my craft blog for these awards. I think of myself as the little craft girl in a sea of amazing craft celebrities. Hence, the reason I didn't even start my own craft blog for eons.

But anyway, I always love learning things about the crafter behind all of the great crafts, so it's fun to read what people reveal about themselves through this award. So I guess it's my turn to reveal 7 things....

1. I lived in France for about 5+ weeks. It was a great experience. I enjoyed meeting new friends, seeing different countries in Europe. And only having the kind of experiences you could have abroad. It was honestly a dream come true for me.

2. I have a goal to go to all 50 states. I have been to 27 so far. We have been trying to hit up as many as we can while we have been living in the midwest for my hubs to go to school.

3. I have an extremely well organized check book. I also create my own "check" inspired registry for when we use our credit card. I could tell you how much we have spent each month for the last 3 years. Yep, I am that weird. I am very particular about keeping a budget and knowing where my money is going.

4. Chips and salsa is pretty much considered a food group in our house. I use to eat it every single day, sometimes 2 times a day. Now, I hold myself back a bit but I still enjoy it just as much!

5. I love to abbreviate words. It pains me that not everyone would know what I was talking about if I did it all the time though, so I refrain for your sake. I used to say tish (short for tissue) when something was cute. I say peeps (short for people). I have even been known to refer to chicken and dumplings as (chick dumps) which pretty much grossed out my step-dad. I guess in that connotation it does make it sound kind of nasty.

6. I cannot go to bed with my makeup on. It just sicks me out. It doesn't matter how late it is or how extremely tired I am, I will still wash my face. It has probably been close to at least 10 years since I have slept in makeup. Maybe one day it will pay off....

7. Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower. But believe it or not, I once told my husband long ago when we were first married to not buy me flowers very often. I guess I am too frugal. I figure they will die sooner than later and I would rather have a gift that I could keep using and enjoy. I must admit though, when he does occasionally bring flowers home (fab flower shop here that has $5 Fridays!!), it does light up our house and bring a bit of spring to it. And if I know they weren't too expensive, I enjoy them even more.

Just wanted to thank Jessica, Crystal, and Tasha for the blog awards. You all have fun, fabulous craft blogs that I love to go to!! Thanks for the award!

I know this is the part where I am supposed to choose 7 other blogs. How do you choose?? I subscribe to an insane amount of craft blogs and I think every. single. one. of them is worthy of an award, hence the reason I subscribe. I always want to pay a nomination forward and give awareness to other bloggers too. But I honestly can't choose between them all. I don't like hurting feelings and I hate to think someone doesn't like me. (I think I just revealed #8) So anyway, if you haven't been nominated and want to be, I nominate you. Let me know and I will even add it on here if you want so you don't have to feel like you weren't truly nominated. I love hearing more about all the crafters I subscribe to. Otherwise, it's just another random craft blog. So consider yourself nominated.

Oh, and just so you know, the sickness has come back to me. I am usually one of those "I never get sick" type of people that everyone hates. Not this year. I think I was feeling good for about a day or two in all of the last 3 weeks. So if I seem sporadic lately, I swear it's not my lack of dedication to crafting. It's my sickness keeping me couch-ridden. I have a few posts almost ready though and a few fun blog swaps coming up too. Here's to antibiotics finally kicking in and making me feel normal again. Hope you are all staying healthy and I can't wait for spring!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

2 comments:

Tasha March 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

I just hosted you on my blog with the Kreativ Blog award too! Looks like lots of us sure do love your blog! Thanks for being so inspiring all the time!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard March 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

How cool you lived in France! My husband lived there as a kid, served a mission there, and lived there after his mission too (like, he drove 30 minutes from the mission home to his parent's house). Needless to say, I had to take French in college just to keep up with his family :)

I really, really love your blog! These "sick" posts have been fun because you give great tips and info about sewing and yourself!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails