Dresses from Shabby Apple

Sticky Treat

Thursday, March 18, 2010

This is probably one of my ALL-TIME favorite treats. But really? Can you pick and choose between mouthwatering sugary goodness? Most treats are my favorite things to eat which is why I shouldn't make them...but that my friends, is a whole other post that should relate somehow to exercising, which I know I don't do enough of!But this treat, is really SO good. It is so good that I have not heard of a single person not liking it. I got the recipe from a good friend of mine who I like to call, The Treat Queen. I have a treat cupboard in my house but it rarely compares to that of the Treat Queens. She could bust out desserts for me all day long and I could just sit and devour them, her recipes are that good! So are you all dying to make this now?? If not, you should be!! The sad thing is that I have this recipe memorized, that is how often I make it!

Sticky Puffed Corn
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup karo syrup
1 1/2 bags of puffed corn

Measure out puffed corn in a large bowl and set aside. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized pan on the stove. Stir until it boils for 1 1/2 minutes. Pour immediately over puffed corn and stir until evenly coated. Let cool. Devour!In case you are wondering what in the heck puffed corn is. Here ya go:You can find it by the chips. I recommend picking up at least a couple bags of these every time you go to the store. Or at least that is what I live by! Enjoy!!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Linked at:
Tidy Mom

8 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid March 18, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Looks yummy! I love anything that combines salty/sweet like that!

Unknown March 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Looks totally yummy! No calories in this recipe, correct? lol

Carole March 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

I really should've had breakfast before I read this post. Looks too yummy.

Josh and Juli March 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Yum. Reminds me of peanut butter balls that we used to always make. Remember?

TidyMom March 19, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

YUMMMMM! We made puffcorn with melted chocolate drizzled over it....this looks awesome too!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for linking up! Have a GREAT weekend!

Gay Vaughan March 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

I am going to have to try this! Reminds me of old fashioned popcorn balls but WAY easier!
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Laura Dunaway March 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Haha, I LOVE this! So glad the Treat Queen introduced us to this stuff, I can't get enough!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails