Dresses from Shabby Apple

Luggage Tags

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I don't know about all of you, but I cannot stand when I fly somewhere and my luggage looks exactly like everyone else's. It takes enough gumption and grunting on my part to pull the suitcase off of the luggage return that it just irks me when it ends up not being my own! So when my Mom flew in to visit, I was inspired to make something to help out with her travels. I am sure there are many more things to make...my wheels started turning to all things luggage and travel. But for now, this is the only thing that has made its way into actual creation.

These are SO easy to make and add just the right amount of color to an otherwise boring black suitcase...or whatever color yours might be.

I used scraps of fabric, interfacing and clear vinyl for this project so it cost me nothing to make. But these aren't really that expensive to buy anyway so the cost for this would be SO low and its worth the BIG impact it makes.

You can now purchase the pattern for these fun tags here at my shop:


11 comments:

Stacey March 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Really cute! I used your tutorial to make a camera strap cover last night...I have it posted on my blog. Hope that's ok!! http://stacey-scraps.blogspot.com/

Holly Lefevre March 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Very cute. What fun and chic way to make your luggage stand apart!
Holly
504 Main

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard March 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

great idea. The man is traveling to Missouri at the end of the month... do you think he'd mind a big floral pattern? :)

Cheryl March 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

thanks for sharing this great tutorial. We like to be able to pick our bag out easily as well. So many people have the same luggage.
I popped over from Kimbas DIY..albeit it's from last week. LOL, trying to get through the links.
Hubby travels quite a bit, so this is going on my to do list.

Misty @Creative Itch March 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Cute luggage tags!! And your fabric is ADORABLE!!

Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Sheri@childmade.com March 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Wow, this would have been very nice to have when I was traveling and everyone seemed to have the same black bag that I had. I've posted a link. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica March 11, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

These are so fun! Love them - what a great idea!
I saw you today at inspiring creations and am so thankful. I like your blog!

Jamee March 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

love it and your blog. I am featuring this craft today on my blog jameehomemaker.blogspot.com and following you!

Katie March 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM  

Hi! I love your spin on these luggage tags :) You said you were interested in all things travel and I am too! I've been making luggage tags, travel catchalls that fold flat, travel make-up rolls and little 5" by 7" fabric baggies in sets for all of my friends for birthdays this year :) I'd love to show you if you are interested in making some of your own!

-Katie
moremisadventures.blogspot.com

Creations By Cindy March 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

You are so talented! Be blessed. Cindy

Melissa May 11, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

These are too cute... I may have to make them for me and my bestie for our California trip this summer!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails