Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Swappin' with Creation Corner

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am very excited to have Tasha with Creation Corner beautifying my blog today with her fun swap. She is such a sweet person and so crafty. I am also bloggin' over at her spot today so come check me out at Creation Corner.

Hello! I am super excited to be here swapping blogs with Stacey today. She has quickly become one of my favorite craft blogs. Isn't it nice to know you can come to a blog and always feel inspired? That is how I feel here. Love her.

I am the quiet gal over at Creation Corner that loves a good craft. I am the happy wife to one amazing husband. The mother to 3 wonderful and crazy boys. (I sure love my boys.) And, I always seem to be busy doing something. I started Creation Corner as a place to put the crafts I had accomplished. It just wasn't working. Then one day I had the idea to host all the crafts I wanted to do and links directly to them. So, what you find today is a place where you see many people’s creations along with my own, hence Creation Corner. I really do love a fun new project. I love to sew, paper craft, and pretty much try lots of new things. My real love is fabric. Ya. Love it. It is a little bit of an obsession. I hope you will come on by and check out my blog and hopefully you will find some fun new projects to get started on.


Today, I have the honor of sharing a new tutorial with you. (I sure do love a good tutorial, don't you?) So, sit tight and we are going to learn how to make these fun Fabric Flower headbands and hair clips. See, I told you I love fabric!

Start by gathering your supplies: Headband, fabric, hair clips, buttons, covered buttons, needle and thread, small scraps of felt, rotary cutter, and a hot glue gun.


Hair Clip Tutorial
1. Cut your fabric 2 3/4 inches by 22 inches.
2. Fold your fabric in half with right sides outward. Grab your needle and thread and start gather stitching your fabric together.
3. Keep gathering and pull tight as you go. It should start folding into the flower.
4. When you have gathered all the material shape it into the flower and sew all the pieces down together. You will need to anchor it in a couple different spots. Tie off the thread.
5. Grab your hot glue and glue on a button or fun something for the middle. I used a fabric covered button.
6. On the back cut out a small circle of felt and glue down. Then hot glue your hair clip onto it.
Walla you are done!





Fabric Headband Tutorial
1. Cut your fabric 3 3/4 inches by 27 inches (This is a larger fabric flower then the hair clip)
2. Follow the same steps for the hair clip where you will gather the fabric with needle and thread and make your flower. Then add the fun button on top. Again I used a fabric covered button.
3. Cut strips of fabric to cover your headband. They need to be about 1 inch thick and as long as you would like. You just need enough to go over the enter headband.
4. Cut two 2 inch pieces off of your strip. These will cover the ends of the headband.
5. Glue one side onto one end of the headband.
6. Fold the sides over and hot glue those onto the headband.
7. You will do this on both ends.
8. Now glue down one of your strips with a little hot glue and start wrapping it around the headband.
9. Keep going. You need to wrap the fabric all the way around it. Keep add on strips as you need to.
10. The headband should be completely covered when you are finished.
11. Hot glue the fabric flower onto the headband on the side. Cut a circle piece of matching felt and hot glue that on top.
12. The finished product!

Now, you should have fun hair accessories for your daughter, yourself, a birthday present for a friend, or whatever you would like to use them for. I also make the flower hair clip a pin I can wear it too. There are lots of fun possibilities!

Thanks Stacey for letting me come and join your blog for a day!

7 comments:

Apron Appeal March 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Oh a new bow style! I can think of a few things I can attach that to....I think I'll start with the Easter dresses.

sewmanybooks.blogspot.com

Unknown March 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

These are totally cute!!

Letti March 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Tasha you make it look so easy. Wow you are getting pretty popular in blogland. I am so happy for you. I am hoping to try to make some of these for the girls for easter. Thanks for the tutorial.

I {heart} Nap Time March 16, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

cute! I love those flowers! They are so fun to make!

Unknown March 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

We are out on Spring Break this week...I think my girls and I need to make some of these!!
~Bridgette {allthingzrelated}

Tori March 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

This is really cute! I can't wait to try it! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and look forward to them. Please leave me a comment or a link to check out your fun craft ideas too! I love finding new blogs to be inspired from! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails